In the final phase of our Next Steps Program we partner with motivated students who want to take on the challenges of leadership. This program could be your game changer—we equip our Leaders for Life with the tools to finish high school and prepare for college, trade certification or employment. Whatever direction you choose we want to help you succeed in becoming a lifelong leader.
We’ve cultivated these networks to offer you mentorships, paid internships and employment opportunities:
- Ranch Education Network partnership with DMACC
- Ranch Employment Network
We’ll also equip you with life lessons and skills that you can apply to the rest of your life. You will:
- Figure out what’s most important to you in life with values training RoundTables developed by Global Priority Solutions in partnership with John Maxwell
- Learn to lead—and apply what you’ve learned by leading younger students
- Get money smart with financial literacy training (via certified instructors of the National Endowment for Financial Education)
- Become a team player—we have the only high ropes course in the state of Iowa designed for groups to navigate obstacles together
- Learn the value of responsibility through hands-on job experiences
Leaders for Life have the opportunity to spend up to six weeks at the Ranch in the summer and are expected to attend monthly leadership retreats. Interested students need to fill out an application, be interviewed and provide three written references. We offer a limited number of spaces.
If you’d like to get involved at the Ranch, connect with one of our community partners.
Questions about your time at the Ranch? Learn more here.